Wee Hur Construction Pte Ltd
It's been long since my last post, never thought that working could be so busy ever.. Right after NUS, my first working experience as a project engineer in a local firm was incredible; not to mention that the satisfaction of looking on the building constructed from the piling stage to painting works and landscape works.
1 year and 4 months in the project really widened up my knowledge in management, communication, human resource, planning, leadership, cost control, negotiation and many more. There are times I felt frustrated over some matters and anxious of getting my tasks done. As a main-con, we have to handle few sub-con at a time, sequence is extremely important. Wrong in sequence will end up doing double work causes low productivity and material wastage.
A lot of arguing happens between us with colleagues and sub cons especially during the tight schedule. We have to take is as the positive way but some times sub cons are unreasonable so we really have to forgive and forget if not, it will be difficult to collaborate in future.
Yesterday, i've got text from my ex-PM (project manager), we have got the TOP (temporary operational permit) and he thanked me for my support and effort, felt happy for him "finally"!. Replied him with a humble text congratulating him and he asked why I chose to left the team make me felt guilty. Anyway, I'll be posted to other site too if I chose to stay. I think there's no meaning now to say all these because I'm already gone.
Couldn't denied that he's a great immediate supervisor of mine. He never scolded me not even once, if it was it will be in a joking manner and never too serious. I am definitely fortunate to work with him.
Meanwhile, my former boss also texted me yesterday to check if I could report work earlier, seems like it's really busy over there. I hope I could remember my design skills if not I don't know what i could do to help them out during this critical period.
Seems like my planned 1 month break is ruined!! Looking forward for my new chapter of working life. 😏




No comments:
Post a Comment